Friday 16 September 2011

Skalpel - Polish Jazz EP (1999 promo CD-R)

No need to introduce Skalpel, the polish DJ couple that helped Ninja Tune to maintain the rest of the real Ninja sound with their 3 albums of dark breaks and samples from Polskie Nagrania series Polish Jazz, obscure to the world outside Poland until then. I'm not sure about the dating, Discogs say 2000, the felt tip on the disc says 1999. Given to me in May 2000 by DJ Vadim's tour manager, he had a box full of them, so it's no surprise that one of those found its way on Ninja Tune's A&R desk. I've added my favourite Sculpture videoclip for your viewing pleasure.

mp3 I 320kbps I 21 minutes I 49mb I link in comments

2 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
flageolette said...

thanks!