Friday 2 September 2011

Beanfield - Human Patterns (1999 Compost)

The second Beanfield album Human Patterns marked a start of a whole new era for Compost Records. As the label slowly became a synonymum for emerging nu jazz style, the sound quality improved and the covers were suddenly cool-looking. The Season (with first appearence of now praised poet/singer Bajka) was a huge hit and the album was full of high energy breakbeat jazz. Take Catalpa with that massive wall of samba school percussions or Enchanting Signs, which sounds like Airto on speed. IMHO one of the best Compost release ever.

mp3 I 320kbps I 63 minutes I 146mb I link in comments

2 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cranston said...

this album is personal classic in my collection, loving it since day one, thank you for this gem in digital format... ps: do you know the sample from "enchanting signs", is this a terry callier song?