Saturday 10 September 2011

The Quiet Boys - Dazzle (1996 2 Kool) Ultra Edition (1998 Thin Air)

The Quiet Boys debuted with the gorgeous Can't Hold The Vibe on Acid Jazz in 1992, then Mick Talbot decided he's got better things to do (like recording another tiresome album with another ex-Counciler Steve White) and their second JAZID Bosh! wasn't half as good. For The Quiet Boys second coming on 2 Kool, Bangs picked young keyboard player Neil Cowley (later he played all the great keys on Zero 7 first album and I recommend his solo instrumental projects Pretz or Fragile State). Dazzle could have been an acid jazz classic - if it was released in 1993. In 1996 it was hardly more than cannon fodder for smooth jazz radios. This Ultra Edition was re-issued on Bangs' own label Thin Air in 1998 and "enhanced" with the drum'n'bass version of Everybody Loves The Sunshine and The 13th Sign bangin' remix of Bosh Tres Bien.

mp3 I 320kbps I 70 minutes I 161mb I link in comments

5 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amacord said...

these albums reflect my youth, bringing back memories... great music, thx :)

elpeleon said...

And one more time, thanks for all these gems ! I,ve got the two Mr electric triangle Cd's, and actually I buying the 2 Kool series...

chaya garden said...

Sounds good... Mate i'm hurt you consider letting this blog expire. Otherwise there would be no blog like THIS!

chaya garden said...

my lady dug this one. cheers.