Sunday 4 September 2011

Groove Theory - Groove Theory (1995)

Everytime I hear their debut album, I try to guess what makes Groove Theory more interesting than the rest of numerous downtown NYC r'n'b swing groups. Groove Theory were a duo of singer Amel Larrieux and skilled studio producer Bryce Wilson, an ex-member of the electro breaks supergroup Mantronix and a cousin of certain LL Cool J. Their only album is full of really catchy tunes and Amel's voice is most of the time the only melodic element here. Take it away and you'll get that pounding raw and minimalistic fat beat typical for East Coast hip hop sound. Give it a chance, you won't regret.


mp3 I 320kbps I 64 minutes I 148mb I link in comments

2 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rue St. Vincent said...

thanks!!!