Saturday 3 September 2011

Waiwan - Distraction (1998 Autonomy)

Waiwan was one of the prodigal sons of Manchester trip hop and nu jazz scene of the 90s that gave us so many great artists, starting with Aim and ending with.. ehm, Waiwan. His only self-produced album Distraction was released on short-lived Autonomy label, whose roster included only him and The Philadelphia Bluntz (will post their album Blunted At Birth soon). The lack of strong distribution channel probably caused that it was soon forgotten despite his huge single hit Goddess. Which is a shame because Distraction is a small gem packed with fat beats, deep and dark soundscapes and enchanting vocals (featuring Veba, The Muse of Manchester music producers). If you enjoyed the Grand Central albums posted here earlier, I swear you'll fall for this one too.
mp3 I 320kbps I 62 minutes I 144mb I link in comments

1 comment:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.