Saturday 30 July 2011

Sandals - Rite To Silence (1994 Open Toe)

Before I start the promised Filter Records series, let me fulfill one more lovely request I received from Poland - to post some more "acid jazz not acid jazz" albums, probably in the vein of Disco Not Disco compilations. Well I've had a couple of such albums in my head anyway so here they are...

Sandals were short-lived combo based on rhythm section of Ian Simmonds on bass (aka Juryman, I'm going to post some of his albums sometimes soon) and valued session drummer Will Blanchard. They started in 1992 with a single on Acid Jazz, just in time to be signed to a dance branch of major label, ffrr. However, to produce Rite To Silence took more time than the label desired, and when it finally appeared in 1994, the acid jazz movement was a history. More interesting is a list of collaborators (like the electronic duo Leftfield, that produced 3 tracks) and appearences by original members of Jamiroquai or The Brand New Heavies. I only wish there was instrumental version available because all that activist ranting oh so correct in 1994 is just too much in 2011.

mp3 I 320kbps I 60 minutes I 138mb I link in comments

3 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amacord said...

ah, superb thx a lot, used to own that back in the dayz...
btw, any chance for you to up the supreme chord jesters album? been looking for this a long tyme.

T-Bird said...

did you ever pick up that single "nothing?" ...good stuff.