Saturday 16 July 2011

Les Gammas - Exercices De Styles (2000 Compost)

Exercices De Styles, the sole album by german duo Les Gammas, is my most favourite gem from The Golden Age Of Compost (closely followed by Human Patterns by Beanfield and Elysian Fields by Minus 8) and although I must've heard it thousand times, it was fun to play it again. Complex breakbeats, catchy Rhodes-driven tunes, cool vocals.. anything you might want from a perfect jazz album. It's 11 years old now and still some of the tracks keep poping up on lounge and nujazz compilations every now and then. A typical piece of rare groove for a generation of today's toddlers.

mp3 I 320kbps I 74 minutes I 171mb I link in comments

2 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cranston said...

i have to totally agree: best compost album ever, also the singles and remixes made by les gammas are astonishing