Saturday 16 July 2011

Poke - Sassy (1996 Substance / Stereo Deluxe)

I like to fulfill difficult request and this one drove me really nuts. I was sure that the album has to be somewhere but for whatever reason I was also sure it was released on INFRAcom! Blimey! In the end I had to consult the almighty Discogs to find out it actually has to be in the Stereo Deluxe box, dedicated to another great german label, home of such artists as Jaffa, Mo'Horizons or Moodorama. Another difficulty I've had searching it by the cover. Stereo Deluxe used to give away promo stuff in those handy paper sleeves with the actual cover art but although they repacked the album to match the label's corporate identity, they released the promo with the original Substance Records minimalistic artwork (as seen above) with white backside and only tiny artist and album title printed on the disc. I only hope the whole effort was worth it and you'll enjoy this scandinavian trip hop gem as much as I had when I finally found it.

mp3 I 320kbps I 48 minutes I 110mb I link in comments

2 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lee said...

Hey man, thanks for doing this wonderful blog. You introduced me to A Reminiscent Drive and I can't thank you enough for that.

And I too fall asleep to it now.