Tuesday 19 October 2010

Kid Loco - A Grand Love Story (1997 Yellow Productions)

Remember Bouge De La? Flat Beat? Music Sounds Better With You? Since the media hype of french hip hop and french disco, ze french electronic scene had produced a cornucopia of great projects, from (A)lexkid to (Z)dar. Some of them so short-lived they didn't bother to name them properly, some still up and running like Kid Loco.
Although Jean-Yves Prieur released three other albums and a handful of compilations since his debut album, A Grand Love Story will surely be mentioned in bold lettering in 2030 edition of Rare Groove Encyclopaedia. I must admit that ever since I've first heard the Benson-esque guitar riff of Relaxin' With Cherry, I always had a passion for this little collection of great downtempo tracks and I envy anyone who will hear it for the first time on this blog today.

mp3 I 320kbps I 56 minutes I 125mb I link in comments

6 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amacord said...

indeed a beautiful album :) thx for the post

dicky said...

DL not working - needs a re-up :(

dicky said...

Another great LP I had to sell in a time of need - thanks for returning it to my collection ;)

dicky said...

This rar file does not seem to contain CD2 of "A Grand Love Story", rather the "She's My Lover" single!

Pavel said...

Hello there...love your blog. Found a lot of "new" old music for me and also some forgotten like this Kid Loco album. Keep posting this great music... Greetings from Czech Republic! Thankx for all those Compost and Infonet posts as well!!! Thumbs UP!