Sunday 2 June 2013

Drum Club - Everything Is Now (1993 Butterfly)


I remember waking up to that wake up, wake up, wake up phrase from Sound System because the girl I used to live with twenty years ago had never failed to put this CD in my stereo to play as an alarm clock in the morning. So when I got to listen to it again these days, I was surprised how good the album actually is. Charlie Hall and Lol Hammond (who is also responsible for the brilliant Damage album with Roger Eno) started on Guerilla Records in 1992 with floorfiller single Alchemy and soon were signed for Butterfly label of Big Life Records, a home of intelligent electronica back then. The line-up for Everything Is Now includes Steve Hillage, Emma Anderson from Lush and Kate Holmes, who is also known to Future Vintage readers as Scuba and was, by the way, a wife of Creation Records head honcho Alan McGhee. The booklet  includes pics by the late cult photographer Sally Harding. What else should I say about this album?

mp3 I 320kbps I 67 minutes I 164mb I link in comments

1 comment:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/1577555497/DrumIsNow.rar