Sunday 2 June 2013

Shara Nelson - What Silence Knows (1993 Cooltempo)

She is notable for providing the vocals on the Massive Attack song Unfinished Sympathy, discogs says, but I think there's a whole lot more to this lady with a voice that reminds me of the best days of Shirley Bassey. That's why I decided to dedicate a FVV collection to her collaborations and guest appearences sometimes soon. Her debut album What Silence Knows has Motown roots and head in acid jazz clouds. The music was written by wide spectrum of musicians including Prince Be (of PM Dawn), Bob Stanley and Pete Wiggs (of Saint Etienne), John Coxon (of Spiritualized and later Spring Heel Jack), Howie B. and Style Scott (of On-U Sound fame), and produced by Michael Peden, the head of Zomba Management, but anyhow.. it's mostly the voice.

mp3 I 320kbps I 48 minutes I 117mb I link in comments

1 comment:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.