Sunday 2 June 2013

It's raining, man..

Once again the Future Vintage is in danger, this time because of the wrath of nature. Although I live in a beautiful place with baroque arches, it is situated damn near the bank of Vltava river which seems to be flooding the neighborhood as I write this. I'm not really worried to see the river at my doorstep but as I happen to be in the town in a state of emergency, I can expect electricity shutdowns and other troubles pretty soon. The last time the town was flooded, about 11 years ago (see above), it took a month to get it back on track, so today's batch can as well be the last post for a while. Ok, so much for meteorology, now let's go back to more pleasant things.

Some time ago I was having an interesting skype conversation with a lady friend of mine who used to be my girlfriend for a while back in the daze. The thing was, I gave her access to my files to serve herself to some old music. Some days later she wrote she couldn't really remember listening to any of the stuff, which of course gave me some surprise.

Well, yeah, I had to admit that maybe I'm just too focused on late 90s and perhaps I'm just too much into music styles appreciated by men, which also explains why the majority of Future Vintage readers seems to be male.

Remember the days when a good mixtape was the smoothest way to get some? Would I really play this music to my girfriend 20 years ago? Of course not. Who was I kidding? So I took a deep dive to come up with some true pearls to please our female companion. Perhaps your better halves will feel it the same way. May we be forgiven for our noisy hobby. Have fun and good luck!

No comments: