Monday 16 September 2013

Spyra - Homelistening Is Killing Clubs (1995 Wigwam)

The opening uptempo track ADSR from this debut album by Kunsthochschule Kassel alumnus Wolfram Spyra may sound little too formal, cold or distant compared to other Wigwam releases, but let the album play until the post-kraut ambient symphony Future Of The Past and it becomes apparent why Spyra's following works appeared on legendary labels like Manikin (a home of Berlin School) or the late Pete Namlook's Fax +49-69/450464. The female vocal on Ebb happens to speak my native language: "What interests me is magnets, the gravitation, their pairing, the weight, the vibration, the light, the velocity... No touch, no option, the velocity, the duration, the beginning..." I'm sure how much was lost in the original translation from German, but we call this babbling where I come from;)

This is WIGWAM07

mp3 I 320kbps I 71 minutes I 164mb I link in comments

No comments: