Monday 16 September 2013

Dead Labels Society: WIGWAM

The Wigwam label is a typical member of Dead Labels Society - a label that effectively ceased to exist. Though it had once been a home to such giants of 1990's German electronic scene as Wolfram Spyra and Bernd "Burnt" Friedmann, there's is such incredible lack of information around the net that some paranoic freaks could find it a strong foundation for a new conspiration theory. And as it would not be a good conspiration story without an invisible ink involved, listen to this - after I've failed to g**gle any useful info, I just thought no problem, all I need is to check those old fax sheets I used to keep with my promo copies. And guess what - what I found was just slips of yellow paper with some cryptic brownish spots.

So let's sum up all there is to know about Wigwam: founded circa 1993 in Nürnberg on ruins of the Toxikk Trakks techno label; management unknown, with strong ties to Kunsthochschule Kassel (the legendary art-school that stands behind Documenta, possibly the most exclusive new art exhibition that takes place in Kassel every 5 years).

The label's catalogue contains only 8 titles, two of which have number 7. WIGWAM01 was amongst the First 50 posts on Future Vintage and you can still find it here. Don't bother looking for WIGWAM 2, the legendary The Final Corporate Colonization Of The Unconscious by Drome. The album was licensed to Ninja Tune in 1994 and I'm not going to post it here; no thanks to the same begrudging bastards who are behind the recent takedown of all ntone posts. Unfortunately I was unable to find one of the WIGWAM 7's; The Second Trancemitter compilation just went MIA during the years. Also the WIGWAM05, the Lost Legion Sampler is missing because I only had it as a white label cassette, and I got rid of those years ago. If you have any of these, I encourage you to share with us and make the Advanced Contemplative Music label collection complete.

1 comment:

chaya garden said...

Got some more coming on Wigwam...please... this is too much. love this label.