Saturday 14 May 2011

Jhelisa - Language Electric (1997 Dorado)

Jhelisa's second album is disappointing, to say the least. In fact it's a sellout. There's no way to compare it to Galactica Rush since this album lacks everything that made Jhelisa a true acid jazz diva - energy, passion and feeling. What's left is a bunch of poorly stitched songs halfway between bar jazz and weak r'n'b, with dull instrumentation and depressive vocals. An afternoon rehearsal of a bar band, stools on the tables and bartender polishing glasses, that's the only impression on my mind. I have to admit I slept on this album back in 1997 which from today's POV seems to be the correct attitude.

mp3 I 320kbps I 57 minutes I 132mb I link in comments

1 comment:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.