Sunday 15 May 2011

Homegrown - Unfazed / Mermaid (1999 Mole Listening Pearls)

Homegrown was a one-off project conceived by Beanfield founding member Tobias Meggle after he and Compost Records head honcho Michael Reinboth left the band. The split must have been far from friendly because this double appeared not on Compost as one would expect but on prolific Manheim-based label Mole Listening Pearls, home to such projects as De-Phazz, Nor Elle and JFC. While Mermaid contains typical late 90s trip hop with vocals by Antoinette Teurlinckx, Unfazed is a collection of enhanced instrumental versions, a perfect downtempo musical wallpaper. I remember one early morning in 2000, open-air party on an abandonned airstrip, sun slowly rising and Richard Dorfmeister playing Parchment Planet to an exhausted crowd. I'll remember that moment always.

mp3 I 320kbps I 114 minutes I 263mb I link in comments

1 comment:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.