Wednesday 23 March 2011

Future•Japan Relief Campaign

My readers know that never in the history of Future Vintage have I asked them to reach into their pockets for some loose change and donate. In fact there's more virtual dust on the PayPal button than the real one on the records I post here. But there are moments when time stops and all values become relative. The time is now, the place is Japan.

Although the "cruel race" hasn't learned much from WWII and since the 1950's kept giving the rest of the world a cold eye, the overwhelming tragedy of earthquake-tsunami-meltdown crisis would get even stronger nation to its knees. Let's set it straight - however strong they pretend to be, they are facing possibly the worst catastrophic scenario in the history of industrial world with death toll expected to rise as high as 100.000.

What is the FutureJapan Relief Campaign? In the following days I will post a continuing serie of japanese artists and labels from The Sunny Daze. If you like what you download (and I'm sure you will) I encourage you to take the monies you saved that way and donate it to your favourite local or int'l humanitarian organisation with strong presence in the heart of the tortured island.

Also I encourage my fellow bloggers to join the campaign or support it by adding FutureJapan Relief Campaign tag and link to this text to their Japan-related posts.

Let me express my belief that even the smallest donation will not only help the Japanese people keep their bento boxes full but also (and I don't hesitate to admit it) will give my effort nad your fun some Higher Meaning.

Domo arigato!

2 comments:

TOSHi said...

i've never left comment but actually I'ma big fan of your blog. just wanna say thank you! Greeting from Tokyo Japan.

NeGroMo said...

Hi, this blog is amazing. If you are interested in Japanese I can donate the rip and covers of: Cossa Nostra, "World peace" (Momoko Suzuky, Sadao Osada ... etc).

Peace from Argentina.

Eduardo.