Friday 12 February 2010

DJ Cam - Substances (1996 Inflammable)

Released only one year after his Underground Vibes (known as Mad Blunted Jazz in the US) became worldwide success, DJ Cam's second album was doomed to stay in the shade of his debut. The sound is more experimental and introverted but there's still a couple of great tracks of abstract instrumental hip hop. Innervisions, Meera and Lost Kingdom are still my favs after all those years.

mp3 I 320kbps
I 50 minutes I 116mb I link in comments

3 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
T-Bird said...

i agree this was overshadowed by its predecessor. on the other hand, it's much darker. dj shadow's first album came out the same year and had this been cam's first outing, rather than his 2nd, i think it would have gotten more love.

dicky said...

I heard "Substances" before "Underground Vibes" and was blown away by "Meera" in particular. Interestingly, there is a live version of "Meera" on DJ Cam's first release "Underground Live Act".
Fantastic slept on classic ;)