Monday 8 April 2013

Goodbye and thank you

Yes, I'm a lousy blogger and I'm not going to apologize or explain myself this time. I've spent the time since the last post on New Year's Eve wisely struggling for bare existence.

I always knew the time will come and Future Vintage will cease to exist, either for the lack of interest of the readers or by the hand of The Man. It's a miracle it took so long, with so little posts taken down (two, in fact). It was fun, wasn't it? Now it's time to say goodbye and thank you.

If you were wondering what's behind recent activity (see new posts below), it's because I decided to empty all the files left unposted in my RS account on you in one go. Grab it while you can (and you do - as I'm writing this, some of the new files were downloaded 10 - 25x). The account expires on April 25 and I'm not going to extend it simply because I'm even more broke than ever.

Don't worry, I'm not asking for donations this time. Last time I did, there happened to be no more than 3 (three) generous donors amongst thousands of you readers. You know who you are and I thank you again. No wonder I stopped believing that some miraculous sponsor will appear to help me cover the expenses.

Mission accomplished. The 500.000th happy visitor of Future Vintage is expected any minute now. Some stats: 458 files (53.25GB) were downloaded 264.209 times (yes, I counted it with my 1980's pocket Casio). You don't need a calculator to see that if there was 1 cent donated per file, this blog would go on forever.

I hope that that with the posts below I've fulfilled some of your request piling up in my email. Too bad the rest of the FVV collections will please noone but me and my friends. But life happens and who am I to oppose.

Stay tuned!

8 comments:

aorto said...

I feel your pain. You've introduced me to some new and interesting stuff and for that I'm grateul.

I'm still around, you know where to reach me!

Spilios Kirikos said...

This is a truly amazing blog. I just discovered it and I'm sorry you have to go. I'm also a 70's baby early 80's child and the 90's have shaped my whole existence (but I'm moving on...!)

Thanks for your effort. Great music! Please accept a small token of appreciation.

Stay tuned!

Taco said...

Thanks for these releases. Blogging is a thankless endeavor. I have enjoyed your remix comps and discovered quite a bit of gold there. I hadn't heard that Bastard Tracks comp either... that had some great songs. Well, I hope you don't go away altogether, but I understand if you do. I say do what you are doing. Take a break from it (again) and come back when you have more time/energy. That said, good luck with your life and thanks again for the amazing music.

Amacord said...

i shed a tear while reading your post. be assured: your generous effort i will remember and future vintage keeps a special place in my heart. thank you :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for your good work!

chaya garden said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo! Dude you are so loved! Please please please don't stop blogging now! How much do you need? I wish I had your collection. What about a torrent? I'm sure it would be alive forever. You are welcome to stay with us at chaya garden ashram in belize. Once you get away from the west! I had a harddrive of stuff from your blog but those things don't last too long in the tropics. Seriously, AHHH!

chaya garden said...

Sorry, Can't let you do that! You HAVE TO keep this blog going and the great music. I don't understand. How can I have all the music on this blog? Not in the time it will be remaining. please give us more and longer! Forever! Make a new blog. Put it on all in a torrent. I know it's silly because one day it really will be vintage. Only you are here to keep it fresh. It's as if BLOGS have failed US! NO Don't let it be so. Keep up the good work! You can do it! You need a few bucks is that it? What about you take a vacation to belize and stay at the chaya garden ashram?! What can I do?

robbie said...

cheers
for it all