Saturday 25 December 2010

Momus - Timelord (1993 Creation)

My earliest memory of Momus is this: once I got stuck in my Dutch girlfriend's home with not much to do, couple of vinyls and no turntable. So I spent the days smoking all her youknowwhat, listening to local campus radio grunge Top Ten (it was 1991 or so), watching dirty grey Rotterdam sky and reading lyrics from the sleeves. Later I've left with two of those albums: Prefab Sprout's Steve McQueen and The Monsters Of Love collection by Momus. This is how the true power of a good compilation works: I was doomed to buy all his albums since then. The Monsters Of Love is still my fav but when I think Momus, it's usually Timelord, eight great songs of fragile beauty and lyrics sometimes too close to the bone. Which is just what we'd expect from Mr. Currie, isn't it?

mp3 I 320kbps I 36 minutes I 82mb I link in comments

2 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J Thyme...kind said...

I only know his debut "Circus Maximus" from 1986, but what a beaut it is. Excellent Chamber-Folk of the highest calibre.