Sunday 16 May 2010

Jacob's Optical Stairway - Jacob's Optical Stairway (1995 R&S)

Marc Mac and Dego again, this time under their Jacob's Optical Stairway moniker. At first this album sounds like an updated version of 4Hero debut album Parallel Universe, but give it a second chance. Yes, there are some solid breakbeats, atmospheric electronics and expert knob-twiddling, but also a touch of that cold Detroit techno sound. No wonder Jacob's Optical Stairway was co-produced by Josh Wink and Juan Atkins (of Model 500 fame) and released on belgian R&S, the coolest european techno label of the 90's. Even after 15 years it's joy to listen to these tracks, Fragments Of A Lost Language being my favourite.

Speaking of R&S, any chance somebody would have Volume 6 of their In Order To Dance compilation series? Yeas, it's the red drum'n'bass one.. Thanks.

mp3 I 320kbps I 55 minutes I 127mb I link in comments

5 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
flageolette said...

Thanks for this!

Cheers,

Sooor said...

Thanks for all the 4 hero stuff, especially the Maxi with Chris Bowden.

Greetings,
Sooor

cheeba said...

Classic. Still have mine and the "touch of that cold Detroit techno" is one of the main reasons I keep this one around.

BTW, here is the In Order To Dance 6 that you're looking for. You've saved me much ripping of vinyl here, so I'm glad I could get you back!

Not my rip, took me months to get it down from slsk last year. It probably would've been quicker to rip my vinyl copy but it's in rough shape from over a decade of DJing. Still play it out occasionally, almost 15 years later the floor goes crazy for Lemon D's Manhattan Melody and peeps still come up to ask what it is...


Disc 1
http://www.multiupload.com/QQBMAJZYG4

Disc 2
http://www.multiupload.com/71G964C7XV

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...

thanks cheeba!

you're the man

stay tuned!