Saturday 26 December 2009

Jimpster - Messages From The Hub (1999 Freerange)

Ten years passed and this debut album by Jimpster still is so much joy to listen to. The ambient electronic jazz soundscape defined by Jamie Odell's antique keys and flexible fretless bass lines by Cheyene Towers is kept on the ground by additional live instruments and vocals and still it gives me a feeling of vast empty space. Also contains a rendition of Herbie Hancock's Maiden Voyage with new lyrics by Roger Odell (of Shakatak fame, so you see it's in the family). Too bad this was the last Jimpster release before he found out that the real dough is in the house music industry.

mp3 I 320kbps I 73 minutes I 168mb I link in comments

3 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...

http://rapidshare.com/files/299506911/JimpsterMessages.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/299492895/JimpsterMessages.part2.rar

cheeba said...

Beautiful. So pissed that I missed him when he was in town a few weeks ago. Thanks again, 70s80s

DJInnaSoul said...

You got the double dipped strawberrys to go with this little beauty ?

Cheers man, beautiful post.

Cheeba, I haven't forgotten ya, most of the Kent albums are 250-300Mb, finding trouble hosting such big files.