Sunday 28 June 2009

Kruder & Dorfmeister - G-Stoned EP (1993 G-Stone)

This great four-track EP is a true trip hop icon. Contains the trip hop anthems (sic!) High Noon and Deep Shit Pt. 1 And Pt. 2; as well as Definition and Original Bedroom Rockers; all exploited on zillions of compilations. Originally released on K&D's own label G-Stone in Austria, it was set for US release on Bruno Guez's label Quango, and somehow this promo copy had found its way back to Europe and into my possession. After all these years I still love the Simon & Garfunkel pastiche on the cover. Sadly this is the only original release by these viennese gentlemen of distinction.

mp3 I 320kbps I 23 minutes I 54mb I link in comments

2 comments:

70's Baby Early 80's Child said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dicky said...

I love this EP which still sounds fresh in 2011.
Why no follow-up?
A victim of their own success?
I prefer Peter Kruder's subsequent releases. Cheers Baby ;)